Applying with a cosigner may improve your chance of getting approved and could help you qualify for a lower interest rate. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply. Ascent Student Loan products are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application, verification of application information and certification of loan amount by a participating school. Loan products may not be available in certain jurisdictions and certain restrictions, limitations; and terms and conditions may apply. Ascent is a federally registered trademark of Ascent Funding, LLC, the loan processor, and may be used by Bank of Lake Mills under limited license.
- Competitive variable rates calculated monthly at the time of loan approval based on a margin plus the 30-day Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR), rounded to the nearest 1/100th of a percent. The current 30-day SOFR Average is 0.050%, which may adjust monthly. Your interest rate may increase or decrease, based on the 30-day SOFR Average. Rates are effective as of and reflect an Automatic Payment Discount. Automatic Payment Discount is available if the borrower is enrolled in automatic payments from their personal checking account and the amount is successfully withdrawn from the authorized bank account each month. (See Automatic Payment Discount Terms & Conditions.)
- Undergraduate Loans: Variable rate loans have an Annual Percentage (APR) range between 1.47% – %. Fixed rate loans have an APR range between 3.28% and % based on your credit worthiness and your selected program. Rates reflect an Automatic Payment Discount of 0.25% (for Credit-Based Loans) on the lowest offered rate and a 1.00% (for Undergraduate Outcomes-Based Loans) discount on the highest offered rate. (See Undergraduate Loan repayment examples.)
- Graduate Loans: Variable rate loans have an click to read APR range between 1.46% and %. Fixed rate loans have an APR range between 3.21% and % based on your credit worthiness and your selected program. Rates reflect an Automatic Payment Discount of 0.25%. (See Graduate Loan repayment examples.)
Making interest only or partial interest payments while in school will not reduce the principal balance of the loan
2. Payments may be deferred. Subject to lender discretion, forbearance and/or deferment options may be available for borrowers who are encountering financial distress.
3. There are three (3) flexible in-school repayment options that include fully deferred, interest only and $25 minimum repayment. Click here for a repayment example.
Before taking out private student loans, you should explore and compare all financial aid alternatives, including grants, scholarships, and federal student loans and consider your future monthly payments and income
4. Flexible repayment plans may be offered with up to a twenty (20) year repayment term (for variable rate Graduate Medical and Dental School Loans), fifteen (15) year repayment term for other variable rate loans and a fifteen (15) year repayment term for fixed rate loans. Students must be enrolled at least half-time at an eligible school. Minimum loan amount is $2,001. Click here for a repayment example.
5. Interest rate reduction of either 0.25% (for Credit-Based Loans) or 1.00% (for Undergraduate Outcomes-Based Loans) applies only when the borrower and/or cosigner sign up for automatic payments and the payment amount is successfully deducted from the designated bank account each month. The amount of the discount is dependent upon the loan product and credit history of the borrower at the time of application. Interest rate reduction(s) will not apply during periods when no payment is due, including periods of in-school, deferment, grace or forbearance, unless a regular payment amount has been arranged with the servicer. If you have two (2) consecutive returned payments for Nonsufficient Funds, we may cancel your automatic debit enrollment and you will lose the interest rate reduction. You will then need to re-qualify and re-enroll in automatic debit payments to receive the interest rate reduction. (See Automatic Payment Discount Terms & Conditions.)